Barcelona Center for Banking Studies
BCBS is a new research center based at the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and it specializes in several research areas primarily related to banking:
- Produce research which can help to understand and manage processes in the banking sector properly.
- Communicate research findings via events and publications.
- Reduce the distance between academic findings and practical implications.
- Regulation of systemic risk, pro-cyclicality, capital adequacy, liquidity regulation, systemically relevant banks and macro-prudential regulation.
- Credit and liquidity provision by bank and non-bank financial intermediaries to corporations.
- Corporate governance of financial institutions.
- Liquidity, hedging and risk management by financial institutions, asset and liability management, maturity mismatch, self-insurance.
- Monetary policy transmission channels through financial intermediaries (the risk-taking channel, unconventional monetary policy and others).
- The transmission of financial shocks to the real economy.
- Financial crises and systemic risk.
- Relationship lending and the governance role of creditors in the corporate sector.
- The role of institutional investors in the corporate sector: market finance versus banks.