RECENT ACTIVITY ---
Workshop on Financial Intermediation and Risk @ the Barcelona GSE Summer Forum 2017: June 12-13
The first event of the Barcelona Center for Banking Studies is the session on Financial Intermediation and Risk at the Barcelona GSE Summer Forum.
The event will take place in the Balmes Building of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra @ Balmes 132, Barcelona.
The workshop will bring together experts in banking, regulation, and financial economics to discuss the most recent academic research on financial intermediation. It will cover a range of theoretical and empirical topics including:
- Regulation of systemic risk, pro-cyclicality, capital adequacy, liquidity regulation, systemically relevant banks and macro-prudential regulation.
- Credit and liquidity provision by bank and non-bank financial intermediaries to corporations.
- Corporate governance of financial institutions.
- Liquidity, hedging and risk management by financial institutions, asset and liability management, maturity mismatch, self-insurance.
- Monetary policy transmission channels through financial intermediaries (the risk-taking channel, unconventional monetary policy and others).
- The transmission of financial shocks to the real economy.
- Financial crises and systemic risk.
- Relationship lending and the governance role of creditors in the corporate sector.
- The role of institutional investors in the corporate sector: market finance versus banks.
The workshop is supported by the Severo Ochoa Research Program (SEV-2015-0563).